- This event has passed.
10 Steps To Cyber Security
16 March, 2016, 9:30 am - 11:30 amFree
Discover how you can keep your business safe online with this FREE Cyber Security breakfast seminar!
This session will guide you through the 10 steps to cyber security and help you to better understand the threat landscape. Learn how to develop an effective cyber security strategy and discover the key steps you can take to safeguard your business against online criminals.
Seminar programme in detail:
- Network security – The design principles for configuring secure perimeter and internal networks
- Secure configuration – Managing the configuration of your ICT systems to keep them patched against known vulnerabilities
- User privileges – Ensuring that user have the appropriate privileges to do their job whilst reducing vulnerability
- User education – Training staff in the safe use of your ICT systems and how to identify threats
- ICT usage policies – Producing policies that directly address the business processes to reduce vulnerability to malware
- Mobile working – Developing appropriate security policies for mobile and remote working
- Incident management – Establishing response and recovery capability that addresses the full range of incidents that can occur
- Support How to access help and support to keep apprised of the most up to date information and where to report issues
- Cyber Essentials – An industry supported scheme, enabling businesses to prove that they adhere to a government endorsed standard
- That your business must be registered with HMRC and has less than 250 employees
- Businesses must be based in an eligible area (see eligibility criteria)