* *

Loading Events

« All Events

  • This event has passed.

Ingenuity: Sustainable finance

7 March, 2017, 7:45 am - 9:30 am

Ingenuity KnowledgeXchange Breakfast Event

A mainstay of the annual Ingenuity programme.  Professor Bob Berry’s characteristic dry humour and ability to translate even the most complex of finance themes into plain English has earned him a loyal audience. This year our Boots Professor of Accounting and Finance takes on the topic of sustainable finance.

Sustainable business practices have tended to focus on the physical assets of a business, but what about financial analysis and management techniques? Do they blur the difference between sustainable and unsustainable and hence lead to bad business decision making? Bob doesn’t believe that the business community is intentionally setting out to destroy the world but he does ask the question ‘Should it stop at least some of what it’s doing and change its ways?’

Bob will shine the spotlight on some major concerns during this enlightening and thought-provoking breakfast session.

Our sustainable speaker

BobBerryHeadshotProfessor Bob Berry
Boots Professor of Accounting and Finance, Nottingham University Business School

Bob joined the University of Nottingham in 1996. Prior to that he worked in the private sector carrying out several projects in the pharmaceutical and motor industries, and held academic posts at the universities of Warwick and East Anglia.

Bob is now flexibly retired, working 40% at the University of Nottingham and spending the other 60% of his time on wildlife photography and executive education and consultancy work. In recent years, Bob has taught the MBA module Corporate Finance and contributed to the MBA module Portfolio Management and Investment Analysis.

This breakfast session is being promoted in collaboration with the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

 Association of Chartered Certified Accountants

The sustainable programme

07:45 – 08:10       Registration, breakfast and networking
08:10 – 08:15       Welcome and introductions
08:10 – 09:00       Keynote
09:00 – 09:10       Q&A
09:10 – 09:30       The Shop Window
09:30…                  Networking – for those that want to stay on

State Aid

This event is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020 and is part of the Enabling Innovation Programme. This event is classed as State Aid to participating businesses, the value of which is £100, but is delivered completely free of charge to participants.

The ‘Shop Window’

The Shop Window is your chance to take the floor to make a brief presentation to the room about something you are looking for help with.

From the University? If you have a business-facing project or want to work with local small and medium-sized businesses as part of your research, this is your opportunity to make contact with business owners. Our network members are already interested in what happens at the University and may be interested in participating with your initiative.

From a business? Sorry, but the Shop Window isn’t the time for a “60 second pitch”. Feedback from our network members tells us that our businesses want something different from Ingenuity. But it is your opportunity to do some research of your own: request volunteers for new product or service trials, ask if anyone has any recommendations for difficult-to-find suppliers, or simply share some news that the audience might not find out about otherwise.

If you would like to participate in the Shop Window just drop us a line.

The venue

Sir Colin Campbell Building, Triumph Road, Nottingham, NG7 2TU

To register

Register here


7 March, 2017
7:45 am - 9:30 am




Ingenuity Centre, University of Nottingham
Innovation Park, Triumph Road
Nottingham, NG7 2TU United Kingdom
+ Google Map


Subscribe to our newsletter

Sign up to receive useful facts and information on finance and grants, business, property and skills (* indicates required field)




Upcoming Events


Mansfield & Ashfield 2020: Business breakfast

Popular monthly business breakfast networking meeting. Regularly attracting an audience of over 120 decision-makers. 2020 breakfast: 7:15-9:10am, Portland College. Sponsored by NIDAS.


Enabling Innovation: Quality Management – AS 9100 applied

Learn how to implement and sustain the AS 9100 aerospace standards in order to both satisfy the auditors and drive business efficiency at this FREE workshop. 10am-4pm, 27 February, Radisson Blu Hotel, nr East Midlands Airport.

See More >


Malcare WordPress Security